Monday, April 22, 2019

Leather wrapped thermos

When I got this thermos from a friend, it was used, the plastic outer shell was cracked open and the foam insulation was not pretty. I cut off the outer plastic shell and the foam insulation.

When I was done removing the outer shell it looked like some sort of alien technology.

I measured and cut but when I held the leather around the thermos it looked like I cut the leather too short.

After a night of trying to figure out a way to salvage the project I decided to just put the holes along the edge and sewed it up as is.

The sewing was slow and a little difficult because half the sewing was from the inside of the tube.

I was a bit surprised when everything fit.

Of course then I had to take it off again so that I could start getting ready to make the bottom.

I was very happy with how the project turned out.

To view this project from beginning to end, click this link to my Google Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment